My name is Lorenzo Mitchell and I have been in the IT industry for nearly 15 years. It’s one of those things I knew I was meant to do from my first encounter with computers.
My first two years of working with computers was in a Unix/Linux only environment. I went on to use Unix (BSD) and Linux(Red Hat and Mandrake) for another 4 years after that, thus increasing my interest in scripting and programming. During this time I also worked as a Visual Basic programmer at a computer software company while doing software development at NIIT.
I later worked in the United Nations World Food Programme which was an exciting part of my journey, a mind opener to the power of knowledge and the numerous opportunities available to contribute to needs of mankind today.
I am currently focused on identifying systems and processes that can be automated to increase productivity on an organizational level, using automation tools like Microsoft System Center Suite and PowerShell etc.
I currently work in the IT financial sector. Watching the results of how automation improves the lives of others around me has become an inspiration for me.
I have a BSc degree in Electronics and a Masters degree in Engineering Technology.
Here are some of my certifications and training over the years:
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- EMC Certified VSAT Installer (Germany)
- Project Management – Converting Strategy into Action (Stanford)
- NIIT Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- NIIT Certified Web Application Designer & Developer
- Mobile Application Development in Android
Some of my future goals are MCSE: System Administration, MCITP: SharePoint.
I hope solutions I publish on this blog will be one source of help to those of us searching the web for answers to the unending questions of How-To in the IT industry.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this site.
My email address is email@example.com